Many people have accepted Jesus as their personal Saviour, but few have made the decision to receive Him as their Lord. What is it to know Jesus as Lord? It means to know Him as Master and to seek and do His will. It does not make sense to call Him your Lord, if you don’t do His will. In fact why call Him Lord and you do not the things that He says? (Luke 6:6)
Today, may you know Him as Lord and submit to His will.
What does it mean to be submitted to His will?
It is to be submitted to His Word as revealed by the Spirit of God. Many people serve several idols and gods – the god of worldly riches; the god of lust and carnality; but perhaps the most popular god that people serve is the god of self. (I Tim 3:2) In fact, when you refuse to do the will of God and choose instead to do your own thing and have your own way, then you exalt your own will above the will of God and in fact, you become a god unto yourself.
Today, you must be submitted to God and not be in a place of rebellion. Do not let this be the year of you doing your own thing.
Accept Jesus as your Lord today.
If an election for governance were to take place right now, would you vote for Jesus as Lord of the Universe? Everyone would say yes, of course I would; but if this were so, then why is He finding it so difficult to get the vote in your own life?
I want you to understand something powerful: we are in the LAST DAYS! The Roman Empire has revived, Israel is a nation, the road map to a peace treaty is already in place and now more than ever, men are lovers of themselves. Open your eyes, see and discern the times and the seasons, for we are indeed in the last days. And Jesus declared that not everyone who says Lord, Lord shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but he that does the will of God. (Matt 7:21)
Today is not the day for saying, “I will do what I am accustomed doing,” or “my mummy or daddy used to do this so I will do this also,” or ‘I’ll do what my friends say,” or “I’ll do what the world says” or “I’ll do what I think I should I do.”
Today, and this year, is the year to say, Speak Lord, your servant heareth.
I want you to be aware of the season that we are living in, for these are the days of strong delusions where men are blinded to the truth because of the hardness of their hearts, and they have chosen to believe lies. (2 Thes 2:11)
These are the days when they shall say that all roads lead to God and men will believe that – blindness.
• These are the days when they shall say that we all came from monkeys and men will believe that – blindness.
• These are the days when they shall say that everything we see just happened by chance and not design and men will believe that – blindness.
• These are the days when they shall say that we all serve the same God just in different ways and men will believe that – blindness.
• These are the days when they shall say that all roads lead to God and men will believe that – blindness.
• These are the days when women shall think that it is a measure of their fashion and style to wear clothes that seduce men and women will believe that is normal – blindness.
• These are the days when men shall think that Satan is more powerful than God and have more confidence in Satan’s power to lead them into sin rather than in God’s power to keep them holy – blindness.
• These are the days where people shall see nothing wrong with two men or two women having sexual relations – blindness and abomination.
• These are the days when people shall believe that success is found in a good job, a good education, a nice house and a new car – blindness.
• These are the days when the religious leaders shall be afraid to preach truth because of what people and the world would say. The religious leaders will be more concerned about what people say rather than what God says – blindness.
• These are the days where people shall choose to believe that which is against nature and natural laws, and that darkness is more powerful than light, yet let the Sun be risen and the darkness shall scatter – let God arise and His enemies be scattered!
Beloved, I would also say that if God be for you who can be against you? I would say to you, Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. (I John 4:4) I would say to you that with God on your side, you cannot fail.
Today, you must have a relationship with truth or you will be deceived; you need to know truth.
I am not talking about knowledge, but I am talking about a person, even the Spirit of Truth, whom this world received not, because it seeth him not. Your source of truth must be the Spirit of God, not what CNN says, not what circumstances say, not what the doctor says, not what your coworkers say, not what your family says, not what you say, but what God says.
You must have the Trinity at work in your life today. (2 Cor 13:14) May the communion of the precious Holy Spirit be with you. You need Him or you will be deceived by Satan, for without the Holy Spirit, you would believe a lie and Satan would be empowered in your life. (2 Peter 3:3)
Image 1 Credit: shutterstock/Africa Rising
Image 2 Credit: shutterstock/Antonio Gravante